Permit Required

Inner Line Permits Required
According to a government guideline of 2014, Indian tourists no more require permits to visit inner line areas
like Pangong Tso, Khardung La pass,Nubra Valley etc.
Only photo identity proofs issued by the government of India like Passport, Driving License, Voter Id, PAN card etc
are needed.
Foreign tourists however still need to obtain permits for these areas.
Permits can be obtained through registered travel agencies in Leh or from the DC office in Leh.
You could ask your tour operator / hotel manager to arrange this for you.
Remember to carry 6 photocopies of the permit while travelling, to submit at the Checking points along with your ID proof.
You can take out a day to spend in Leh and get your permit. Remember to download the application form for
the permit online and fill it in advance.
The timings for the DC (District Collectorate) office in Leh are from 10 am-5 pm, and the office is closed on Sundays.
It is advisable to visit the office during early hours (before 12)

You can get a permit in Manali.

Manali Inner Line Permit office

you have to fill up a form(Undertaking captioned) and have to submit a photocopy of Driving licence and a residential proof id card(aadhar, election card, passport etc.)


thereafter you will get a permit as shown